Monday, April 28, 2008

Campus Transformation Plan

I was pleasantly surprised last week when the concerns for Cerritos's Master Plan were addressed by Roger Ernest, English instructor.

I'm not sure what the Campus Transformation Committee feels about Ernest's plan, but I like it better than its plan.

The current Master Plan is good but needs some work done on it.

Ernest put the tennis courts back.

That was the main concern I had. The school has plenty of parking and the tennis team shouldn't suffer for more parking.

The Burnight Theatre is moved to the corner of campus. I don't think it's a big deal that the Burnight Center is being moved to the back of campus.

At first, I thought the Hill being moved to Falcon Square would've been a great idea.

That was before I talked to Holly Bogdanovich, director of Student Activities.

Where Ernest put the Hill, it's too close to the Student Center.

If someone wanted to put on an event at the Hill and someone else wanted to put on an event on the Student Center stage, it couldn't happen.

The noise would conflict with each other.

It's good that ideas are being thrown around for the Hill. It shouldn't interfere with other events though.