Thursday, April 10, 2008

Concrete Underground

Today at 11 a.m., Concrete Underground featured an experimental band, Cosa Nostra, and hip hop artist, Young Blaze.

I enjoyed the whole concert, even Young Blaze. I am not a rap or hip hop fan, as anyone who knows me knows.

What I thought was cool about Cosa Nostra is that since the drummer wasn't able to make it to the concert, the band wrote all new music the night before and experimented with a couple different key things to make up for the lack of percussions.

What I thought sounded particularly good was how one guitarist was patting on his guitar. It let out a really good sound.

It was also the first time the band used vocals. It was just the prolonged "Yeah" the entire time, but it works with some music.

Also, this story gave me the opportunity to play around with audio editing a little. Due to an appointment (and one story turning into three this week), I couldn't do enough with it.

I hope it gets done though. A lot of page design is coming up for me, so I can't spend too much more time on the audio.